- To meditate on God's Word means to reflect on it. To reflect on God's Word is to think something through in its entirety; to ponder, to scrutinize, to "knead" something through. It's during reflection that we come to the point of personalizing God's Word; that is, we begin to ask the question, "What does this mean to me?"
- Journaling is a splendid way to help us learn to meditate and reflect on God's Word, as well as make personal application.
- Journaling is a time-tested and proven method of recording how God interacts with us in our everyday lives, as well as how we ourselves interact with Him. Journaling can be for the purpose of recording observations in Scripture, reflecting how God is dealing with u, or for recording our prayers.
- The key to good journaling from the Word is to record what God's Word is saying to your heart.
- As parents journal daily how God's Word speaks to the heart, a legacy is left for their children. For the next Christian generation, few things would be of greater treasure than the spiritual legacy of their parents' walk in the Word.